CYBER.ORG will be leading a workshop at The We Teach CS Cybersecurity Fundamentals Workshop. In this session participants can expect to be led through beginning Cybersecurity lessons that are rigorous, relevant, and aligned with the TEKS for the Foundations of Cybersecurity course. Participants will gain access to the free Cybersecurity curricula by Cyber.org and given temporary access to the EPIC Cyber Range so they may practice the hands-on components of Cybersecurity attacks. During the workshop, teachers will have the opportunity to practice cyber defense skills in a AFA CyberPatriot environment as well as their cyber offense skills in a Capture the Flag practice gymnasium!
More About This Event:
Using TWO MONITORS is very highly suggested in order to participate in the hands on activities.
BEFORE THE WORKSHOP, please download:
Packet Tracer: https://www.netacad.com/
To obtain and install your copy of Cisco Packet Tracer follow these simple steps:
- Log into your Cisco Networking Academy “I’m Learning” page.
- Select Resources from the menu in the upper right portion of your screen.
- Select Download Packet Tracer.
- Select the version of Packet Tracer you require.
- Save the file to your computer.
- Launch the Packet Tracer install program.
- After installation, close and restart your web browser.
- Launch Cisco Packet Tracer by selecting the appropriate icon.
- When prompted, use your Netacad login information to authenticate.
- Packet Tracer will launch and you are ready to explore its features.
This workshop is appropriate for high school educators that will be teaching Foundations of Cybersecurity and/or those interested in learning more about cybersecurity standards and the course.
*Please note actual presentation time for CYBER.ORG is TBD*