This summer, CYBER.ORG is excited to partner with Girl Scouts of the USA and the Department of Homeland Security to launch the Cyber Awareness Challenge! Between now and September 22, 6th- 12th grade girls can work through the Challenge Guide and complete 10 activities, in order to receive a certificate of participation from DHS!
Girl Scout Cyber Awareness Challenge
This summer, CYBER.ORG is excited to partner with Girl Scouts of the USA and the Department of Homeland Security to launch the Cyber Awareness Challenge!
Here are some additional resources that might be helpful to you as you complete these activities:
1. Explore cybersecurity with Girl Scouts.
- Grades 6-8: Cadette – Inventory your digital presence
- Grades 9 and 10: Senior – Identify functions and privileges
- Grades 11 and 12: Ambassador – Guard your movements
2. Identify risks in your personal data.
3. Update your passwords.
- Watch our Cyber Safety video about making strong passwords!
4. Add multi-factor authentication to make your accounts even more secure.
5. Review your privacy settings.
- Check out CISA’s Online Privacy tip sheet.
6. Keep your devices up to date.
7. Back up your data.
8. Clean up your inbox.
- Watch our Cyber Safety video about phishing!
9. Plan your digital future.
- Explore our Cyber Career profiles!
10. Create a ransomware awareness campaign to share with your community.
- Watch our Cyber Safety video about ransomware!
- Check out CISA’s Ransomware Guides and Services and Ransomware Prevention Best Practices and Response Checklist.