CyberEd Webinar Recap: Cybersecurity Certifications: An Investment for Students and School Districts
In Case You Missed It: Cybersecurity certifications are all the buzz right now! How do you decide which ones are right for your students? Join CYBER.ORG as we chat with certification providers and teachers about how to set your students up for success.
In case you missed it, we've put together a recap of our January webinar - Cybersecurity Certifications: An Investment for Students and School Districts. Cybersecurity certifications are all the buzz right now, but it can be tough to know where to start when it comes to guiding students towards their best options. In this webinar, we heard from panelists on the importance of getting students involved early, inclusion and diversity, and industry-based credentials in our mission to fill the workforce with skilled, employment-ready students.
Thank you to our panelists (Amy Kardel, JD of CompTIA, Karen McPherson of Elizabeth City-Pasquotank Public Schools, and Dr. Thomas Trevethan of Palo Alto Networks) and all of the attendees who joined. Watch the full recording below, and explore the resources recommended by our panelists below!
Resources recommended by Amy Kardel, JD of CompTIA
- CyberSeek provides detailed, actionable data about supply and demand in the cybersecurity job market.
- Join the CompTIA Instructor Network
- Direct students to the CompTIA Career Pathway guide to help them identify which certifications are best for them.
- Direct students to this Cybersecurity Career Guide to explore career paths in the IT and cybersecurity fields.
Resources recommended by Karen McPherson of Elizabeth City-Pasquotank Public Schools
- Explore essential standards, career pathways, and careers in North Carolina
- The Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act (Perkins V) expands opportunities for every student to explore, choose, and follow career and technical education programs of study and career pathways to earn credentials of value. Explore videos, resources, links, and other tools for states and local recipients in "rethinking CTE" and arriving at bold goals under the newly-authorized Perkins V statute.
- The NICE K12 Cybersecurity Education Conference is a virtual conference focusing on cybersecurity career awareness, educational approaches, and career pathways.
Resources recommended by Dr. Trevethan of Palo Alto Networks
- Check out a new certification offered by Palo Alto Networks - the Palo Alto Networks Certified Cybersecurity Entry-level Technician Certification
- Palo Alto Networks Cybersecurity Academy teaches students cybersecurity fundamentals, network security, cloud security and how a security operations center (SOC) works via the hands-on curriculum
- Palo Alto Networks' commitment to inclusion and diversity in the workforce, workplace, and marketplace.
- Convenient online testing for those seeking Palo Alto Networks certifications.